Thursday, September 15, 2011

Name that tune

Tonight, I turned on the iPod to have an impromptu dance party. Audrey said “I want to hear my shi*, Mommy.” I used the opportunity to discuss what words are inappropriate for toddlers, but I was very curious about her song request. I started scanning through the songs, asking her “Is this it?” as I went. She kept saying “No” and I was dumbfounded.

I began playing “Hollaback Girl” by Gwen Stefani thinking that the lyrics (non-child approved) matched her request exactly. Audrey yelled “NO, MOMMY!” I continued scanning and tried another one of our favorites: “Stronger” by Kanye West. A huge grin broke across her face and she immediately began dancing. “Dance with me, Mommy!” Apparently, “Stronger” is her jam (radio edit of what she actually said).

1 comment: