Friday, August 12, 2011

Dance like no one is watching


I have always loved to dance, but my children have given me a whole new perspective since their births. I know the joy of cradling a sleeping baby in my arms while gently swaying and humming. I know the embarrassment of absentmindedly swaying and humming in public when my children are not even around. I know that dancing does not require background music and that the spin cycle of the washing machine has a great rhythm.

I know the complete abandon of dancing until you are sweating like a maniac in Flashdance, complete with legwarmers. I know that when I am dancing with my children they are having as much fun as I am, regardless of how ridiculous my moves are. I know that one day my children will debut their renditions of the Running Man and the Cabbage Patch in public and I hope that everyone will know where they learned their crazy dance moves…from their father.   

1 comment: