Monday, August 1, 2011

Words must be weighed, not counted

When your child is little, you cannot wait for them to start talking. Once they start talking, you wish that they would stop and please be quiet for just one minute. Abby’s first word was “Mama”, her second word was “Dada” and her third word was “Uh-Oh”. These three words complete her exhaustive vocabulary. As far as I’m concerned, if she never says anything else, she will be fully equipped for all adult conversations. Most people don’t really care about the other person’s response in a conversation, they just care that they are heard. A few examples:

-“I lost my job today”
-“Uh-Oh”

-I’m pregnant”
-“Uh-Oh”

-“I’m running for President”
-“Uh-Oh”

-“How do you think this outfit looks on me?”
-“Uh-Oh”

So, Abby has already learned the tricks of the trade. With a little inflection, her small vocabulary speaks volumes. She is growing and learning new things every day, so I know it won’t be long before she adds more words to her arsenal. Uh-Oh.

3 comments:

  1. Too funny! And so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina, I know you have your share of "Uh-Oh's" at your house, too! Thanks for commenting!

    Danielle, the girls send kisses your way!

    ReplyDelete