Thursday, August 25, 2011

Three’s a crowd

There have been many times that I have yearned for a third child, but today was not one of those times. Bath time is usually one of my favorite times of the day because watching my girls splashing and giggling brings me such joy. Tonight, I pulled Abby out of the tub, dried her and was getting ready to put on her diaper when Audrey hopped out of the tub and began running towards us. The combination of a wet child running in the bathroom ended in a disaster filled with wailing and tears. I left Abby and gathered Audrey in my arms. I tried to calm her and figure out exactly where she was hurting.

Abby ran over to us to investigate and slipped in the puddle that Audrey had just created. She went airborne and smacked the floor in the exact same way that her sister had seconds before. It was like a Laurel and Hardy short. I would have laughed, but that would have been a totally inappropriate reaction to my crying children. As I cradled one child in each arm, I realized that there is no way I can have a third. If there had been another child slipping around, tonight’s events would have been reminiscent of the Three Stooges instead of Laurel and Hardy and I could not have contained my laughter.

1 comment:

  1. OMG,your house sounds like how my house used to be,everything was chaos,we just learned to live with it.There are no perfects in this world.I think I would laughed:):)

    ReplyDelete